Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and got a chance to enjoy a few of my treats. I just finished off the last of the cookies I made for Christmas. It's so nice to know almost all of my treats were free of sugar since I used Swerve (my favorite sugar alternative) in all my recipes. If your resolutions include giving up or decreasing the sugar in your diet, I highly recommend trying Swerve! They are running a special in January and always offer 10% off to my readers with coupon code KATE10.
Enough about the sweets, it's time for vegetables, dinners and breakfasts for a while...well until it's Valentine's recipe time! We enjoyed this brussels sprout recipe for our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. These were a huge hit by everyone, even the brussels sprout haters liked them...how can you not when bacon is included! This recipe is not a lot of work and certainly isn't high maintenance!
Recipe: Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 3-4 slices bacon, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced bacon in a skillet over medium heat and cook until tender but not full cooked
- Remove all but 2 tbsp of the bacon grease and toss in the onions, cook until onions are translucent and bacon is fully cooked
- Add the brussels sprouts, stir to coat with grease
- Stir in the water and sprinkle with some salt and pepper
- Turn temperature down to low and place a lid on the skillet
- Let cook for 30-60 minutes or until very tender. The longer they cook, the more the sprouts take on the bacon flavor
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!