Sometimes you just throw some stuff in a bowl and hope for the best...I got what I was looking for with this one!! I wanted a fudge, but cooked, so kind of a brownie at the same time. A fat bomb is what some people may call this since it's loaded with healthy fats like coconut butter, full fat coconut milk and grass-fed butter! These are nut free and are best stored in the refrigerator!!
- 3/4 cup coconut cream/butter, melted
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk cream (The thick cream on top of a chilled can of coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted (coconut oil or ghee would work)
- 1 pastured egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4-1 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cacao powder, sweetener, vanilla bean powder, soda and salt, set aside
- Place the melted coconut cream/butter, grass-fed butter, coconut milk cream in a bowl and beat until smooth
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until all the cacao lumps are gone!
- Spread the mixture into either a 6x6 or 8x8 greased pan, depending on how thick you want them
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until edges get brown. The center may seem uncooked, especially in the 6x6 pan, but that's ok
- Let the pan cool and then place in the refrigerator to cool completely
- These are best stored in the refrigerator
The easiest way to melt coconut cream/butter is to place the jar in a pot and bring the water to a boil.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
I have switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals! The European Union bans about 1,400 chemicals and the US bans 11 in an unregulated industry! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are safe, non toxic, but are still anti-aging and work!!! The makeup is chic, on trend and high performing! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! Their mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone! I feel compelled to help educate and share this mission!