The Whole Foods I shop at used to have Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Cashews in the bulk section...and I loved them!! Unfortunately you know they were roasted in crappy vegetable oil and would be very easy to make yourself! They no longer carry them, I could make them or I could get a bit more creative and make a cracker recipe out of cashews in the same flavor. Let this recipe be a template for you to make any cracker flavor you'd like with any nut you'd like! I loved the spiciness of the pepper and couldn't get enough of these!!! This could easily be turned into a sweet cracker with a touch of sweetener and cinnamon in place of the salt and pepper. Looking for other grain free cracker ideas, I have a bunch of different recipes for you!
Cracked Pepper Cashew Crackers
- 2 generous cups raw cashews
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, butter or ghee*
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, grind the cashews into a flour. Make sure not to over blend into cashew butter, but you want it as fine as possible
- Add in the salt and pepper and pulse to combine
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and oil together and stir in the flour mixture until combined
- Place the ball of dough in the center of a large piece of parchment paper with an additional piece of paper over top
- Roll out to desired thickness, about 1/8 - 1/4 inch
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into desired size. You may want to sprinkle more salt and pepper over the top of dough
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until a bit brown
- Store in an airtight container
*I used expeller pressed coconut oil. Macadamia nut oil would be great here too!
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!