As the Olympics begin today, I wish I had thought ahead and come up with some All-America treat. Well, that didn't happen, but chocolate chip cookies are the next best thing I could think of!
I took my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe and altered it a bit. Instead of using palm shortening as my fat, I used the cream off of full fat coconut milk. Shortening helps hold cookies together, instead of spreading like butter and oil can do. I wanted the outcome to be soft and a bit thick...no crunch allowed! When shortening is used, eggs do not need to be used as a binder, so this recipe is egg-free as well for anyone that is sensitive to them. If you are a crisp, hard, crunchy cookie lover, this is not the cookie for you!
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Honeyville Almond Flour (Bob's may not absorb the moisture enough)
- 1/3 cup cream from full fat coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cream the coconut milk cream, honey and vanilla in a bowl with a mixer
- Combine the almond flour, salt and soda in a larger bowl
- Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and beat until combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop, place batter on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Use your hand and press down each cookie
- Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes or until a bit brown
*Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the frig overnight. The cream will harden at the top of the can. this is what you want to use, not the liquid. Save the liquid and leftover cream for smoothies!
*I used Xylitol honey that is less sweet than regular honey. I added a bit more than 1/4 cup so I added one additional tablespoon of almond flour.
GO TEAM USA!!!
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!