Here is another super easy and super delicious cookie to add to your holiday baking list. These disappeared very quickly around here! This recipe can be made with any nut or seed butter of choice. Peanut butter seems to always taste the best with chocolate, but unfortunately I don't eat peanuts, so almond butter it is...and I loved them!
Flourless Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter*
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 3/4 -1 cup granulated sweetener (I used 1 cup of Swerve to make them sugar free)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder (corn and gluten free baking powder)
- 1/4 heaping tsp sea salt (omit if jar is already salted)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or stand up mixer and combine
- Use a cookie scoop or roll the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Press down the dough with hand or use a fork to flatten the cookies (the baking powder keeps the cookies from spreading, but also makes them crispier than baking soda)
- Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes. The cookies will look undercooked, but that’s the way you want them to look! They will set up perfectly once they have cooled.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container, I prefer glass jars for storage.
*I used fresh grind almond butter that you grind yourself at natural grocery stores. It does not have any added oils, salt or sweeteners. If you are using jarred almond butter or other nut butters, I’d use closer to 3/4 cup. Jarred butters are thinner and may make these spread more.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!