I am a firm believer that you can't have too many Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, in fact, I have another one in my pending files! This flourless cookie recipe isn't the exact texture of your traditional chocolate chip cookie, but it sure is good!!
I love almond flour, but I am trying to reduce the amount of it I use and eat. I can't just eat one cookie, so it's easy for me to get waaaay too many almonds at one time when I make baked goods with almond flour. I am doing a lot with coconut, not necessarily coconut flour, it's not my favorite, weird taste to me! You may be thinking coconut has a bunch of fat too so how is that any different? It's way different! Coconut contains medium chained triglycerides as it's main source of fat and is shuttled to the liver for immediate energy, it doesn't get stored as fat. Almonds are a great source of Omega 6's and some 3's, but really they are high in 6's and we don't want to create an imbalance of 6's to 3's in our body. Omega 6's are pro-inflammatory in the body while 3's are anti-inflammatory. We already get enough 6's in our diet, so it's best to eliminate where you can in my opinion.
With that said, this recipe does include raw cashew butter, but half a cup of it is far different than the 2 cups of almond flour typically found in chocolate chip cookie recipes. I have a couple other recipes including this egg-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (I need to try this with Swerve in place of the honey to make them lower in sugar, I bet it will make them crunchier!!) and this Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (I used raw self grind from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup coconut creme, softened*
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life's Chocolate Chips for dairy free option)
- Whisk the egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl
- Add in the cashew butter, coconut creme, sweetener, and salt, combine
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into balls in desired size cookie and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press each ball down with your palm or with the bottom of a glass. The cookies really don't spread, so size accordingly
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown
- Remove and place on a cooling rack and allow cookies to cool and harden up
- Store in an airtight container, I prefer glass jars
*I order coconut creme from Tropical Traditions or you can usually find the Artisana Brand at Whole Foods or other natural grocery stores. The top layer is coconut oil, so you may need to scrape that off to get to the creme, but save the oil for another use. I soften it by placing the jar in a small saucepan of simmering water.
Variations: You can use any nut butter, but cashew is neutral and tends to be a tad bit sweeter.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
Many of you know I am a consultant with Beautycounter and advocate for more health protective laws in the personal care industry. An industry that includes over 10,000 chemicals with only 10% of those being tested for human health! An industry that has banned 1,400 ingredients in the European Union while the U.S has only banned 30 to date! I feel I have an enormous responsibility to educate and empower you to make changes to safer products for you and your family. We deserve better! Beautycounter has banned 1,500 ingredients and is not only safe, but also high performing!
☀️ FOR A LIMITED TIME GET A FREE BEAUTYCOUNTER ZINC BASED SAFE SUNSTICK WITH PURCHASE!☀️
Hello Sunshine! It's that time of year again to switch to SAFER SUNSCREEN! According to EWG, oxybenzone, octinoxate, homosalate, octisalate and octocrylene pose the HIGHEST TOXICITY RISK IN SUNSCREENS. Check your sunsceen to see if it contains any of these! Toss it and swap it for one with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide and switch from a chemical sunscreen to a barrier/mineral/physical sunscreen! Shop my favorite safe sunscreens.
From now until the end of the month (July 31st), purchase $75 or more of my favorite safer skincare and makeup brand (Beautycounter) and receive a FREE Beautycounter small sunstick! It's perfect for your little ones, your face, golfing, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing and more!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Shop my link at www.beautycounter.com/katecriswell and purchase $75 or more (before tax and shipping) in safer products.
2. Forward your order confirmation to beautycounter@ kateshealthycupboard (dot) com. Your sunstick will ship separately since it's coming from me.
*When you shop via my link, you can always reach out to me with questions and I offer special promos just for my customers!
If you aren't familiar with Beautycounter, they are a brand out of Santa Monica, CA dedicated to transparency, advocacy and safer products that perform! Just the balance that many of us have been looking for!